Water Damage in Greenwich Village
Greenwich Village is one of New York City’s prime location for residential living. Home to well-known celebrities—some of the real estate in this location far surpasses the million dollar range.
Greenwich Village has beautiful townhouses that span blocks of tree line streets, historic apartment buildings, and popular restaurants.
Water damage in this location can cost thousands of dollars. That’s why it’s important to be aware of the signs of water damage before it starts, and when prevention is at the highest.
Climate Change has caused erratic weather all over the world. New York City is not immune to its destructive path. Floods caused by the climate can wreak havoc on homes, resulting in loss of property and income.
Hurricane Sandy has reminded us that a superstorm can penetrate any city’s foundation.
Water Damage in Greenwich Village can also be caused by a burst pipe. Pipes can break, like anything that’s made. It can break down with age over time, it can break down because of abuse. A pipe that’s weighed down by heavy materials can break and cause a huge flood.
A leaky pipe can be sinister in its creation until the pipe is ruptured completely and cause a massive flood.
Regular checkups are important in the prevention process to make sure that your home doesn’t become a victim of water damage.
If you notice a spray from a pipe every time you flush or turn on the water, now is the time to get that fixed.
Here are the top causes of water damage in Greenwich Village:
- Pipes Getting Burst – When a pipe gets older, it can get rotted and this can lead to a rupture. Or if equipment used in the pipeline gets faulty, it can also lead to rupture and overflow of water.
- Drain backups: When heavy weighted items (toys, paper towels, sponges, etc.) go down the drain it can lead to backups or worst sewage leaks.
- Sewage leaks due to clogging – When there is a kid in the home, there are chances items like toys, paper towels and other small items can go down the drain and this can lead clogging and lead to sewage leaks.
- Tree root growth damaging pipeline – Tree roots can grow deep and there are possibilities that it can damage pipeline or drain system which leads to overflow or flooding.
- Dirty gutters – After each and every storm, it is very important to clean the gutters. Not cleaning the gutters can lead to leaks in the roof.
- Household electronic items malfunctioning – When household electric items like washing machines, dishwashers and dryers can malfunction and lead to damage the waterline, which in turn may lead to flooding of the house.
When is it time to get help?
When you notice that the flood is unfixable by yourself, then is the time to call a team of water damage specialists to rectify the situation.
At Water Removal NYC, we are those water damage specialists.
We are open 24/7 with emergency service. We know that life mishaps don’t have a timetable, and that’s why we are here to handle the urgent cares. We inspect your home with our water damage sensors before we start any new Flood Restoration project. That way we are more efficient and effective!
Water Damage Restoration Greenwich Village Services:
- Mold Remediation – When there is a flood, it may lead to growth of mold after the flood. The mold remediation process includes the removal of mold, cleaning the area affected by mold, sanitizing and drying the structure.
- Mitigation of water – The first and foremost thing our team will do is to inspect the home completely and identify the places where the water has seeped through. Our state of the art water mitigation equipment will extract water from the foundation of the home and will make sure that the foundation of your home is completely dry.
- Dehumidification – Dehumidification is an important process that is often overlooked. The dehumidification process removes any toxins in the air and purifies the air within the home.
- Reconstruction– We restore your home back to pre-damaged conditions faster and more efficiently than the next company.
- Reconstructing the home – We are experts in restoring your home back to its pre-damage conditions and we do it really faster than any other company.